Like Sharing Diversity! Log out Hate Speech! – call for participants
Details concerning the ‘Like Share Diversity! Log out Hate Speech! German-Romanian Youth Exchange’
The project brings together young people of diverse background from Germany and Romania. They will gain better understanding on social mechanisms such as labeling, stereotypes, prejudice and how these grow into group tension, intolerance, exclusion, hate speech and oppression at individual and society level.
By taking part in activities based on non-formal education methods –such as group discussions, case studies, simulation games, workshops and meeting with experts – participants will discover how to counteract intolerance online and offline, gain hands on experience on how to take an active role in showing respect to human dignity. They will develop an online campaign (including photos and short videos) that promotes diversity and stands against hate speech.
The project is founded by Erasmus+ Program and by the Foundation Remembrance, Responsibility and Future (EVZ) through Europeans for Peace Program.
Who can apply
- you are between 17-23 years old
- you live in Germany or Romania
- you are curious to learn more about hate speech (no previous knowledge is needed)
- you are willing to exchange with other young people in an intercultural context
- you are motivated to contribute in developing an anti-hate speech campaign on social media
What will you do
- You will be introduced to the concepts of hate-speech
- Be part of an international project
- Create an anti-hate speech campaign on social media
- Meet experts, activists and institutions that support diversity and human rights.
Date: 7-14th of January 2019 (including travel dates) in area of Berlin (Germany).
A first part of the project took place 21-28th of August 2018 in Bucharest (Romania). The youth exchange in Berlin will include participants from the first event and new participants as well.
Language: Project language is English. Translation from Romanian and German will be provided
What we offer: training costs, accommodation, meals are offered by the organizers. Transportation costs will be reimbursed in the limit of 275 euros
Contribution / Donation for the project: 50 euros. In case of financial difficulties we may offer a reduced fee or a fee waiver and we can try providing support in transport arrangements. Contact us!
Please fill in this form.
For further questions, you can contact us on
Asociația Plural – Romania; firstname.lastname@example.org